Opening for a Technician
1CellBio Inc. is a startup company commercializing advanced microfluidic tools for single cell high throughput biology. We are looking for enthusiastic, creative and talented people who share our passion to build a world-class life science tools company with our experienced management team and exceptional scientific founders. The company has a laboratory and offices walking distance to the Red Line in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA.
We are currently in need of a Technician who is well-organized, a demonstrated team player, pro-active, and capable of consistently delivering quality results in a fast-paced start-up company environment.
This individual will have the primary responsibility for implementing protocols for synthesis and quality control of polymer beads and other related reagents on a daily basis. Secondary responsibilities will be to assist in the manufacturing scale-up and validation of this process. The successful candidate will have knowledge and a demonstrated competency in basic molecular biology methods including PCR and, in general, good lab practices such as pipetting, making reagents, keeping records, etc.
The selected individual must have demonstrated hands-on expertise in the following areas:
- Technical insight in and hands on experience with molecular biology techniques and DNA/RNA purification methods
- Knowledge about automated liquid handling will be an advantage
- Good laboratory organization skills for biological inventory
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized with attention to detail
- Demonstrated good molecular biology lab techniques
- Able to work to deadlines
- Focused on producing accurate results of consistently high quality
- Software skills including the Office s/w suite (e.g. Word, Powerpoint and Excel)
Minimum requirements: HS diploma or Associates Degree in Biology or Chemistry and 5+ years of demonstrated laboratory experience. Preferred requirements: BSc in Molecular Biology or Chemistry with 1–3 years demonstrated lab experience. Salary commensurate with experience.